Requisition ID: CROP_103_010217
Experience: 3 to 5 years
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, we use hundreds of Post-Its a week, and we give the best high-fives in town.
CRON Systems is a high-growth, Techstars and VC backed defense technology startup. We are reinventing IoT for Security – IoST – with a closed, secure and encrypted autonomous threat detection, tracking and classification grid to create a complete situational awareness platform around any border or perimeter, and provide real time actionable intelligence to the security forces to better protect the border or perimeter.
At CRON, we get our hands dirty everyday on cutting edge technologies and our technical prowess extends from a wide range of Sensors like IR, Laser, LiDAR, microwave, Thermal to a secure and SW HW encrypted communication grid for the flow of data to creating an Artificial Intelligence Platform to articulate and process this data using not-so-conventional Machine Learning and Deep Learning Algorithms.
Life is what happens when you’re busy working. We make sure to enjoy it.
Join us and be part of a culture that is unique in the sense that it’s fast paced, hard working, and yet still leaves room to learn a lot and expand your professional horizons. When we hire, we are looking to hire the best talent with the right mindset to solve problems with technology. We are not looking for GPA or titles but rather looking people in the eye and searching for that spark of joy that comes with solving a problem for our customers with technology. If you think you are a good fit, drop us a line and we’ll find you the right spot in our midst!
- Strong Engineering and Management Education background with solid technical understanding or hands-on experience in both software and hardware development
- Proven working experience as Technical Product Administrator of HW – SW products involving Mechanical Engineers, Electrical and Electronics Engineers and Software Engineers
- Extensive experience in management of defense, military, armed forces, physical security products with a strong understanding of requirements and certifications for outdoor all terrain all weather products
- Hands-on experience in creation as well as execution of strong yet flexible processes for the better execution of product development strategies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Familiar with a variety of the field concepts, practices and procedures
- Familiar with Agile Methodology for Software Development and concept of Sprint Cycles
- Familiar with Rolling Wave Methodology, Work Break down structure, Waterfall Development Methodology, Theory of Constraints and Lean for Hardware Software Product Development
- Understanding of Product Integration between the different engineering teams and different Product Release Methodology for Hardware and Software
- Strong at not only Idea generation but also at idea implementation and execution
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as bridge between upper management and engineering teams tasked with the actual execution of product
- End to end planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting on a Product – Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of Product
- Assist, develop and verify sound product scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders ensuring technical feasibility followed up with a project plan for the product to track progress
- Measurement of Project Performance/Progress with appropriate processes and reporting/escalating regularly to upper management on the progress of the product and that its divergence from the approved schedule
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in product scope, schedule and costs
- Ensure resource availability and allocation – coordinate with all engineering departments to ensure all aspects of product are compatible and hire new talent as needed to fulfill product needs
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors/OEMs/System Integrators – Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors/OEMs/System Integrators for the flawless execution of project
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Creation, laying of the foundation and execution of strong processes in the technical organization that would lead to smooth execution of the project plan by the engineering teams as well as business team
- Brain storming sessions with the engineering Head of Departments to convert product problems, field problems and business requirements to viable engineering and product solutions
- Enable a coordination between the engineering teams and the Vendors/OEMs/System Integrators to take the product to production readiness
- Establish processes for product integration between different engineering teams – Create release processes and handle new releases for the product
- Create and maintain comprehensive product documentation that could be shared with clients, engineering teams and upper management – Maintain detailed up-to-date product documentation at all times
- Perform a variety of tasks – Lead as an example and direct the work of others
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- That means work in virtually all fields, from tech and IT to human resources and everything in-between
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Learn from the best – We’re dedicated to constant learning. CRON’s Leadership team hails from the leagues of Google to Apple to Qualcomm to Navy to Airforce to Cambridge. From CEOs to musicians, these leaders always have something invaluable to teach us
- Opportunity to be bold and apply original thinking – imagine the ideal outcome, be resourceful to make the outcome a reality
- Care for others and be a Host – Encourage others to participate to their fullest. Listen, communicate openly and set clear expectations
- Be a part of a Revolution – Be curious, ask for help, and demonstrate an ability to grow. Own and learn from mistakes. Bring joy and optimism to work
- A Bank account to flaunt to your peers
HOW TO APPLY
Drop us your Resume with Cover Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following two questions answered in the cover letter and the requisition ID as the subject:
- Why do you want to work at CRON Systems?
- Why do you think you are a good fit for the job you’ve applied for?
Keep it short, concise and under 200 words. Resumes without Cover Letter that answer these questions will not be given a higher precedence.
Job Location: New Delhi / Gurgaon
Mode of Interview: Video Call
This is for the crazy ones, the ones who refuse to see technology the way it is. We do not accept status quo.
This is to all the rebels, the troublemakers, the crazy ones! The world sees the misfits and what we see are the geniuses – the round pegs in the square holes.
This is to finding the special ones. We do not care where you graduated from, what your GPA was.
We care about what you aspire to build!