Requisition ID: CRME_101_140518
Experience: 5 to 6 years
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, we use hundreds of Post-Its a week, and we give the best high-fives in town.
CRON Systems is a high-growth, Techstars and VC backed defense technology startup. We are reinventing IoT for Security – IoST – with a closed, secure and encrypted autonomous threat detection, tracking and classification grid to create a complete situational awareness platform around any border or perimeter, and provide real time actionable intelligence to the security forces to better protect the border or perimeter.
At CRON, we get our hands dirty everyday on cutting edge technologies and our technical prowess extends from a wide range of Sensors like IR, Laser, LiDAR, microwave, Thermal to a secure and SW HW encrypted communication grid for the flow of data to creating an Artificial Intelligence Platform to articulate and process this data using not-so-conventional Machine Learning and Deep Learning Algorithms.
Life is what happens when you’re busy working. We make sure to enjoy it.
Join us and be part of a culture that is unique in the sense that it’s fast paced, hard working, and yet still leaves room to learn a lot and expand your professional horizons. When we hire, we are looking to hire the best talent with the right mindset to solve problems with technology. We are not looking for GPA or titles but rather looking people in the eye and searching for that spark of joy that comes with solving a problem for our customers with technology. If you think you are a good fit, drop us a line and we’ll find you the right spot in our midst!
- Strong Engineering education background with solid technical understanding and proven hands-on experience on products involving Electro Mechanical Systems
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of mechatronics, Robotics and Automation is a plus
- Proven working experience in designing and development of outdoor all terrain all weather products
- Excellent command and knowledge of different types of international, industrial, automotive, military standards for a product
- Strong experience of the mechanical integration of number types of visual sensors, fragile electronics and associated problems
- Knowledge of Machine Design, Strength of Materials and Control Systems is a plus
- Should be conversant with the fundamentals of material selection (Industrial Grade Metal, Sheet, Aluminium, Different types of Steel, Non-Metallic Structural Material) based on system requirements and design
- Expertise and Excellency at detailed analysis of designs, a good eye for minute details, Exploratory Designs, Modifications and Failure Analysis skillset and well developed creative skills at sketching and illustration.
- Hard Core Proficiency in Computer Aided Design and Analysis software with Prior Experience in Type Testing and Simulated Testing of Equipment
- Extensive knowledge and working experience of Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Manufacturing/Assembly/Production Shop floor experience with understanding of Process Flow, Documentations, Rework and Skilled Labour, Supervisors and/or Entry Level Engineer Team Handling
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Product Manager and Upper Management to understand the scope and objective of the product and thus define work breakdown for the mechanical engineering aspects of the product
- Understand the outdoor ambient conditions requirement, ingress protection requirements, system sensor requirements, electrical and electronics requirements, thermal requirements, etc. of the product and then design the mechanical solution
- Understand the certification and type testing that would be required for the product and design the mechanical parts so that the final product can pass the tests and achieve the required certifications
- Understand the requirements of the sensor fusion deployed based on the visual sensors; specific properties of individual sensors for their best performance and design the mechanical structure of the product according to their needs
- Understand the requirements of the fragile electronics to be placed inside the mechanical structure from the electrical and electronics department and design their enclosures accordingly
- Simulate environmental conditions as per actual deployments for the product and verify performance of the mechanical structure designed
- Take the mechanical aspects of the product though the complete product development cycle from conception to prototyping to production readiness to integrate Electrical and Electronic Systems for CRON range of Products
- Post validation of MVP on field, creation of manufacturing diagram and manufacturing process along with Quality Assurance Process, Quality Control Process and Test Process with the System Integrator for full scale production of the product – This would involve taking the mechanical designs and structures through DFM / DFA as per the capability of the System Integrator
- Appropriate selection of material for the product based on the requirement of the customer as well as System Integrator’s manufacturing capabilities
- Create manufacturing process for the complete assembly of the product from electrical and electronics fittings to wiring to mechanical fittings with the System Integrator
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Learn from the best – We’re dedicated to constant learning. CRON’s Leadership team hails from the leagues of Google to Apple to Qualcomm to Navy to Airforce to Cambridge. From CEOs to musicians, these leaders always have something invaluable to teach us
- Opportunity to be bold and apply original thinking – imagine the ideal outcome, be resourceful to make the outcome a reality
- Care for others and be a Host – Encourage others to participate to their fullest. Listen, communicate openly and set clear expectations
- Be a part of a Revolution – Be curious, ask for help, and demonstrate an ability to grow. Own and learn from mistakes. Bring joy and optimism to work
- A Bank account to flaunt to your peers
HOW TO APPLY
Drop us your Resume with Cover Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following questions answered in the cover letter and the requisition ID as the subject:
- Why do you want to work at CRON Systems?
- Why do you think you are a good fit for the job you’ve applied for?
Keep it short, concise and under 200 words. Resumes without Cover Letter and answer these questions will not be given a higher precedence
- Provide us with a Project or Product Case Study from your Previous Industrial Experience. Please describe the Problem or Issue that was addressed and the details of the team or group hierarchy along with your personal contribution to the result. It is also recommended to include the Assessment and Acknowledgement of the Solution by Head/Lead/Customer/Team Members
Keep the case study short and concise including all the subheadings mentioned
- Please also include your design portfolio along with the application
Job Location: New Delhi / Gurgaon
Mode of Interview: Video Call
This is for the crazy ones, the ones who refuse to see technology the way it is. We do not accept status quo.
This is to all the rebels, the troublemakers, the crazy ones! The world sees the misfits and what we see are the geniuses – the round pegs in the square holes.
This is to finding the special ones. We do not care where you graduated from, what your GPA was.
We care about what you aspire to build!