Requisition ID: CREE_101_111017
Experience: 5 to 10 years
Positions: Senior / Lead
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, we use hundreds of Post-Its a week, and we give the best high-fives in town.
CRON Systems is a high-growth, Techstars and VC backed defense technology startup. We are reinventing IoT for Security – IoST – with a closed, secure and encrypted autonomous threat detection, tracking and classification grid to create a complete situational awareness platform around any border or perimeter, and provide real time actionable intelligence to the security forces to better protect the border or perimeter.
At CRON, we get our hands dirty everyday on cutting edge technologies and our technical prowess extends from a wide range of Sensors like IR, Laser, LiDAR, microwave, Thermal to a secure and SW HW encrypted communication grid for the flow of data to creating an Artificial Intelligence Platform to articulate and process this data using not-so-conventional Machine Learning and Deep Learning Algorithms.
Life is what happens when you’re busy working. We make sure to enjoy it.
Join us and be part of a culture that is unique in the sense that it’s fast paced, hard working, and yet still leaves room to learn a lot and expand your professional horizons. When we hire, we are looking to hire the best talent with the right mindset to solve problems with technology. We are not looking for GPA or titles but rather looking people in the eye and searching for that spark of joy that comes with solving a problem for our customers with technology. If you think you are a good fit, drop us a line and we’ll find you the right spot in our midst!
- Sound fundamentals on hardware blocks & subsystems – CPU/microcontrollers, Signal processing, various industry standard interfaces (Consumer electronics and automotive), memory interfaces, signal integrity & power supply qualification/issues
- Conversant with and hands-on experience on a wide variety of high and medium level industry / military grade microcontrollers like TMS, M3, M4, R3, R4, MSP, Atmega
- Extensive Experience on Embedded Systems Hardware covering a wide range of peripherals and industrial protocols like MIBSPI, I2C, MODBUS, Embedded Ethernet, CANopen, UART, Ethercat, RS 232, RS 485, etc.
- Experience on playing with Embedded Systems Hardware including a wide variety of Sensors and Actuators like IR, Laser, LiDAR, Thermals, UGV, BMS, IMU, Tilt, Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Barometer, Range Finder, etc.
- Hands-on Experience on Industry Grade PCB Board Schematics and Layout Design
- Extensive Experience and Strong Hold on different PCB CAD Tools like Eagle, Altium and Allegro
- Good understanding of PCB stack up requirements to finalize the same based on design complexity and design requirements
- Knowledge of various PCB design guidelines
- Strong background with through hole, SMT, and BGA technologies using dual-sided assemblies, and multi-layer boards
- Experience in high speed bus routing, differential pairs and impedance control routing to meet signal integrity
- Extensive Experience and Strong hold on the Wireless Communication Systems both on the Systems level as well as on the Protocol Level
- Strong hold and knowledge of Wireless Communication Systems, Signal and Systems, Signal Processing, Baseband Signal Processing and Frontend Signal Processing
- Hands-on Experience in the Hardware Design and Development of Baseband as well as Frontend of the entire Radio Frequency and Analog Chain
- Strong Hold on the concepts of Digital Modulation and Modulation Schemes like GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, OFDMA
- Knowledge of Signal Encryptions and Stealth Communication is a plus
- Working Knowledge of Signal Integrity/Power Analysis/Thermal Analysis/Timing Analysis
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualization and designing of the complete Electrical & Electronics Systems and Hardware for the CRON PIDS holistic solution.
- Complete ownership of end to end projects starting from inception to conception to product development to the final sampling to the customer
- Interact directly with the Technology SVPs and Product Managers and Lead a team to meet the requirements as well as the quality of the product
- Ownership for providing Hardware Design Solution, bringing new methods/technologies, accountable for technical directions, strategic initiatives and high degree of innovation
- Support Production, Installation and Customer Service Verticals when necessary to resolve problems encountered during the lifecycle of a product
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Learn from the best – We’re dedicated to constant learning. CRON’s Leadership team hails from the leagues of Google to Apple to Qualcomm to Navy to Airforce to Cambridge. From CEOs to musicians, these leaders always have something invaluable to teach us
- Opportunity to be bold and apply original thinking – imagine the ideal outcome, be resourceful to make the outcome a reality
- Care for others and be a Host – Encourage others to participate to their fullest. Listen, communicate openly and set clear expectations
- Be a part of a Revolution – Be curious, ask for help, and demonstrate an ability to grow. Own and learn from mistakes. Bring joy and optimism to work
- A Bank account to flaunt to your peers
HOW TO APPLY
Drop us your Resume with Cover Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following two questions answered in the cover letter and the requisition ID as the subject:
- Why do you want to work at CRON Systems?
- Why do you think you are a good fit for the job you’ve applied for?
Keep it short, concise and under 200 words. Resumes without Cover Letter that answer these questions will not be given a higher precedence.
Job Location: New Delhi / Gurgaon
Mode of Interview: Video Call
This is for the crazy ones, the ones who refuse to see technology the way it is. We do not accept status quo.
This is to all the rebels, the troublemakers, the crazy ones! The world sees the misfits and what we see are the geniuses – the round pegs in the square holes.
This is to finding the special ones. We do not care where you graduated from, what your GPA was.
We care about what you aspire to build!